Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Hundreds of books, thousands of books, millions and billions and trillions of books!

I went with my mom to a midnight release party for the third to last (?) book of the Wheel of Time series: The Gathering Storm. Robert Jordan passed away a couple of years ago, so Brandon Sanderson is using his notes/partials/outlines to finish the series.

Anyway, we had fun (mom will have to blog later with the pictures of our trivia answers...) and saw people in cool costumes or that had cool props. Sorry, I can't remember the names of the characters they were supposed to be. Maybe mom knows.

This guy, with a shiny axe (it was sharp! he even had little cardboard pieces taped on so he wouldn't cut things accidentally.):This girl, with a cool corset and a white flame on her back:
And Brandon Sanderson! He was nice enough to come through the line about an hour before the release of the book and sign people's other books for them. I was kind of excited cause I like his Mistborn books. And no, I don't know who Asmodean is. I hope he was a bad hat, though.Anyway, it was fun. Thanks for inviting me along, mom!

1 comment:

LP said...

It was fun. Let's do it again some time. I hope you'll email me the two fotos of Brandon Sanderson (and you).