Thursday, April 29, 2010

London: Day One

The view coming in!I actually almost lost my camera the morning we arrived (29th), but fortunately the people at the airport found it. I was really thankful but I think the girl who had to go retrieve it was glad to see me go. Or maybe she didn't care. =) I don't know. So, because of the lost camera and a couple wrong trains (at one point I realized we were on the wrong train right as it reached it's next stop so I just said "get off, get off, get off! in an urgent manner and unfortunately we were too fast for our mom so she had to go to the next station and come back =P), we didn't get to our rented flat (which is about a 15 minute walk from the Tower of London and the Tower Bridge)until a little after noon. We took a nap then, and it was great! As we were leaving we met our neighbor and he was nice.
Then we went to Hampstead and visited Keat's House and walked around a charming neighborhood or two.We ate dinner there.And yummy bread.We also visited the Heath, which was beautiful, and just explored a little bit before going back. Before heading home we got some groceries at Waitrose. After that we were pretty exhausted. Now it's about 7 in the morning and we've got a long day ahead of us, so hopefully I'll be able to blog again tomorrow morning, we'll see!

1 comment:

LP said...

Wow, looks like fun! Hope you have a great time!