Monday, December 12, 2011

help?

I need the advices.

I'm trying to finish at least *one* project in the next week, and I was thinking possibly it might be putting together the group of frames and whathaveyou on Maya's wall. I was thinking something similar to this configuration:But I forgot a shallow shadowbox so I added it to this diagram that I made. It's easy to rearrange the shapes but I think I need another perspective on it cause I can't think of another way to arrange the frames in a pleasing, balanced way. So, help?One more thing - I'm open to adding a few more things: a couple frames, something small propped up on something else... Here are some examples I'm looking at:
first
second
third

p.s. if you're asking, yes, I'm going to paint the frames.

4 comments:

Adrien said...

Actually, I like it quite a bit the way you have it set up. Although what would it look like if you moved the small box and frame on the far right above the watercolor and then put the shadowbox under that? If that's clear, hah. Also what color are you planning on painting the frames? And what is going into those currently-empty frames?

Shannon said...

I like how it is in the second one. And I think you should set it up and put it on the wall, and THEN see if it's lacking something. That's my advice.

LP said...

I like the way you have it in the diagram. It looks fine to me.

Jared and Megan said...

Adrien - I think that might work, actually! I was hesitant to hang the small ones very high because I wanted to be able to see tiny things easily, but I'm not hanging these super high so they might still be visible. I'm not sure what color I was going to do the frames, I thought about white and also possibly painting them a few different colors that work within the so-called 'scheme'. The currently empty frames will have different things, probably one will have a photograph of the three kids, a couple will hold drawings the kids do for Maya (like the 2 small square ones), the shadowbox could hold stuff from a nature walk or a collection of baby ephemera, one of them could hold a quote or a poem, just stuff like that... There's a free art source online that I might use, too, if I feel like going to kinko's or whatever to print it off.

Shannon - Yeah I won't add any other frames until I get these ones up. I just meant someday I may add more.

Thanks for the advice, guys!