Monday, May 12, 2008

more catching up to do...

So there was a break in updates partly because I'm lazy and partly because for a while we didn't have the internet... again. We have a desktop computer that I've had since I graduated from high school (2003... which makes it ancient in computer years. or maybe just middle-aged.) and it's got a number of viruses now. Or maybe just one. Either way, it's pretty much dead. You can turn it on in 'safety mode', but that's pretty much it. Anyway, our internet was hooked up through that computer, and then we had a router hooked up to it so that Jared's work laptop could connect also. So to skip a bunch of things I don't understand and to make a long story (sort of) short, we finally were able to get the internet hooked up to the laptop somehow with the router... and so now we have the internet again. Fortunately, all our pictures and stuff are on a backup hard drive so we don't need to worry much about what's on the desktop if we're never able to get it working again. There are a few things I'd be a little annoyed about - all my poetry from the past years (I took the trouble to type them out for some reason I now don't understand), emails from family and that kind of thing, but I do still have the original copies of my poetry (if you could even call it poetry) and I have actual letters I've saved from my mom and other family members so if we can't get those files off, we'll probably be alright. We haven't decided whether we're going to just wipe the hard drive or get a new computer yet. If we wipe the hard drive, we'd have to borrow someone else's software CDs or buy new ones because we don't have the ones that came with the computer.Anyway. On to other things. Mother's day was awesome! We called our moms and just kinda hung out most of the day. Jared and Nathan got me a sewing machine (I'd been talking about getting one for a long time) and 3 huge, white roses. Jared made cinnamon rolls for breakfast and lasagna and cheesecake for dinner. Also, Aubrie came over and went to church with us and had dinner with us and everything. We played Mexican Train after dinner (of course) but we stopped with 3 rounds left and everyone within one point of each other so we might pick that back up when she comes out to Utah again to go into the MTC since she's going to stay here the night before she goes in. Anyway, it was a good day and I ate way too much.

So far today has been nice here at home. Last night nobody slept well because... I'm pregnant, Jared has allergies, and for some reason Nathan woke up crying twice. In any case, this morning was pleasant regardless of those things. I got some things done around the house, Nathan was in a good mood, and I made scones. Nathan kept asking (without actually speaking, of course) for strawberries all morning, and then decided to go lie down on the floor and cuddle with his blanket. I looked over a minute later and realized he was asleep! He's never done that with me before. I think Barb said he did that with her once while she was here. Anyway, so I put him to bed for his nap a lot earlier than normal (poor kid was probably so tired from last night) and it's been pretty quiet since. I'm trying to enjoy these times by myself as much as possible because I know they won't last!
Anyway, here are some pictures to catch up:This is from March, when I was still feeling sick all the time (I can't believe the latest picture of me is from when I was throwing up. Awesome). Nathan decided to cuddle with me, and he actually stayed there and held relatively still for like 2 minutes! Ha ha...This is a picture of Nathan on Easter Sunday with a duck from his grandma (Barb).
This was at the park at the end of March.Just a couple of pictures of Nathan and his daddy goofing off.Nathan in his guayabera. It doesn't really fit him anymore so that's probably the last time he'll wear it. Sad. =(
And a few of Nathan enjoying some macaroni and cheese... I know the last one is blurry, but I love it.Nathan being a goof. I wish there was a way of guaranteeing you wouldn't look at what's in the background without calling attention to it... oh well.

The baby is wriggling in my belly a lot more often lately. Jared and I think she's acting like some kind of alien or something. Sometimes she tickles me. It's crazy. =) Still not making any progress on names... and I'm getting more and more worried about it, because the time is getting closer and closer! I guess I'm also partly worried she'll come early like Nathan did. If she doesn't, then we have plenty of time. But how do you know she won't come early? Anyway, I'm getting better at calming myself down and that kind of thing - and I'm not lifting heavy boxes and dealing with (semi) crazy work situations this time around so hopefully all will go well.

I'd better get going - things to do! I'm going to make a goal to have the kids' (kids!!??) bedrooms painted within the month so hopefully you'll be seeing some pictures of that soon...

3 comments:

Janeite42 said...

A bowl of macaroni and cheese, a sippy cup of drink, an outing to the park...life doesn't get much better!

Shannon said...

what was i going to say....oh you can have circuit city or whoever remove your hard drive for you to put your stuff somewhere accesible (sp?) but i guess you already knew that.
i see that nathan likes to put his hands on his head. his g-shirt is cute too.
i can help with decorating, etc when i come up! in fact, you have to let me, it will be soooo fun!!!
and can i use your sewing machine too? i have a couple of dress patterns. you can make one too!
i'm so excited for summer. it will be grand fun :)

Marlyse and Kenny said...

Hey how is your decorating going? Are you finished? It's so fun to paint for a new baby, it got me so excited for Hadley. I used to just go sit in her room while I was pregnant with her. It was a lot quieter then...