Tuesday, July 15, 2008

some who wander *are* lost.

Pregnancy is a funny thing... to people who aren't pregnant.
Lately, I've been dealing with this thing they call the third trimester. Never experienced this before! It's all so new and interesting, sort of. My body clearly belongs to someone else - especially my mind. I lose and forget things constantly (It's even worse than before. Imagine that if you possibly can). I try to tell things to people and then force them to endure several seconds of silence as I try to remember what I was about to say. Today, I thought we had lost our Graco stroller (You know, the one that you get with the infant car seat). I was so depressed that it was gone forever and that our new baby wouldn't get to have all the fun experiences in it that Nathan did that I ate approximately ten double chocolate chip cookies (Don't even get me started on how emotional I am. Just don't.) before Shannon informed me I'd put it in the trunk of her car last week.
How great was my joy.
How great was my chagrin.

4 comments:

Marlyse said...

Oh my gosh. That made me laugh. I'm really sorry for you, I know how it is. It's all very interesting, isn't it? Good thing Shannon is there to fill you in on the little spaces of forgetfulness between your sane moments!

Marlyse said...

Oh! And I did cover them before I froze them. And then the next day after they were frozen, I took the food cubes out of the ice trays and put them in individual (flavor) bags. It was getting too hard to try and take them out right when Hadley was hungry. Then I put some food cubes in old baby food jars in the fridge to keep on hand. It's been working well.

Janeite42 said...

It all works out in the long run, though, right? I guess I'm thinking along those lines cos I just finished reading "To Say Nothing of the Dog". I'll bring it with me when we come.

Anonymous said...

i chuckled.