Monday, July 7, 2008

Delicious.

Something is wrong (again...) with the laptop, so there are no new pictures yet (we just can't load pictures from the camera onto the computer because the hub ports are being ill for some reason). But I'm sure you can just imagine all the cute/weird/funny things Nathan is doing and be satisfied.

Anyway, because of that, I'm going to use old pictures (and some that aren't even mine) to illustrate.

Things have been good since I last updated. Nathan has had his terrible two's moments as well as his very sweet/cute/funny ones. As it has from the first time I heard it, his laugh alone somehow manages to cure all ills.I just love hearing him giggle. At the risk of sounding like a cheesy made-for-TV movie, it brings sunlight to my heart. Sorry, I just don't know how else to put it. =)We bought nectarines on Thursday when we went to Costco to pick up sausages and orange juice for the annual pancake breakfast the next day. There were so very, very scrumptious and mouthwatering. I died a little of happiness every time I took a bite. (My picture is so much better... haha jk)Thursday night Adrien and Eric came over and they, Shannon, Jared and I watched Vantage Point on our big screen thingy with the projector. It was pretty good. We liked it. The special features were way too drawn out and redundant, though. We didn't finish those, which is unusual for me. I live for the special features.

Friday morning, July 4th (yay!) was the ward's pancake breakfast. Jared
was one of the ones in charge of that so he went over to the park a little early to help get things ready. Pretend that Jared is making turkey sausages from scratch or something...Nathan and I went over a little later and Shannon never came at all. Too early for her, I guess. =) The food was surprisingly yummy (I say surprisingly because when are cold eggs and sausages with limp, soggy pancakes good? But they were. Only they weren't cold [except the eggs, but whatever], limp or soggy. Everything was just as it should have been).Nathan got to play in the park for a little while after, but then I made us go home because I was getting worn out. Nathan wasn't particularly pleased with me, but when is he ever pleased with me when I tell him to do something?

We didn't really do much the rest of the day until that evening when we went over to Marlyse and Kenny's to watch fireworks. It was really nice of them to invite us over and we loved it! It was a great view.Nathan actually stayed awake for the whole thing, although he did try to fall asleep during the fireworks. He didn't succeed, but the second they were over, he pretty much zonked out.I was afraid the fireworks might make him cry or something, but he never did. He even laughed a little a couple times. Here's Nathan looking at the fireworks:After the fireworks were over, we put him in the play yard in Marlyse and Kenny's bedroom while we hung out (hanged out? haha... I have no idea) with everyone and played/watched people play on their Wii while waiting for the traffic to die down. We got home at around 1ish. Good times.

Anyway, then Saturday Shannon, Adrien and I went to Ikea...
...and I made the trip worth my while this time! Got stuff for the baby's room and curtains for our bedroom (only to decide to return them when I found something more to my liking on www.walmart.com ... in all fairness, I had looked there before, but I guess I somehow missed them the first time. Oh well). Anywho, I'm going to take pictures of those rooms when I get the curtains and when we finish the baby's room... but we'll see if I can get them on the computer.

Then Sunday was good. Church was nice and there was no trip to the hospital like on Father's Day. Adrien and Eric came over (again! I wonder if they're getting sick of us inviting them?) and played Scrabble with Shannon, Jared and me. Adrien won with f
lying colors (I think... my memory is terrible) so she can't say she's terrible at Scrabble anymore. Nathan was a pill last night, but then he warmed up a little. He went to bed late (a little after 9) because his schedule was kind of weird from when he stayed up to watch the fireworks with us.

Anyway! That's it! Thanks for reading, kids!

4 comments:

Brian & Veronica said...

o.k. this is the funniest post megan. i laughed out loud--to myself. :) my favorite pictures is jared carving the turkey--making sausages out of scratch! ha. your a hoot. all the pictures are funny, since none of them relate to the story. but you made it work. good job. :) looks like you guys had fun at the reunion. wish I would have been there. I really missed out. oh wait, did you go? i actually don't think so now that I think about it. hehe. toot-a-loo!

Marlyse said...

Thanks for coming over! I'm glad you guys could make it. I'm also glad Nathan got to stay up for the fireworks. It was fun and it sounds like the rest of your weekend was awesome.

I also wish you could have been at reunion. It would have been a lot of fun. I'm sorry you couldn't make it. It's good to keep you rested though with the new Swinford coming along. Keep me posted on the baby coming!

Shannon said...

hahaha. i love the pictures, especially since they don't entirely relate. the last one is my favorite, as well as the one with adrien and the leaf. great job.

Janeite42 said...

I love those fotos too as well as the one of Nathan looking up at "the fireworks". Thanks for a great post; I enjoy reading about what goes on with you lot.