Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Who's the author of this fow ounchinchin?

The title of this blog is sort of in reference to my mom's blog (I don't know what she was quoting) but with Nathan's version of "foul outrage".

Yes. I teach my son to say things like "fat chance" and "foul outrage".

Anyway... in reality, this post is dedicated to food. I took some pictures of Jared making Hoosier Chili so you could pretend to be a part of the magic.

First... he cooked the hamburger meat and boiled the spaghetti noodles.He added some kidney beans...then some spicy taco seasoning (and we told Nathan to stop turning the lights on and off)......then he stirred it up (I caught Jared singing "New Soul" because I had just watched Tyler and Carmen's video and it got stuck in his head. He made up his own lyrics but I can't remember what they were. They were probably about how great a husband he is or Nathan being a tater tot.)Mmmm...
After draining the noodles, he put it all together and added tomato juice. I know it looks kinda weird, but it is tasty.Then he stirred it some more and he was done! Although I may have missed a couple steps/ingredients.After that we ate it. Yum. Nathan had something else, but he did enjoy dipping a few saltines into our chili. I didn't get pictures of that, but here are pictures of Nathan and Rylie hanging out with us that evening.Oh, and a picture of me in my yellow shirt, since Adrien was complaining that she hadn't seen me in it yet. Except it's mostly a picture of Rylie sleeping.

4 comments:

Janeite42 said...

Next time we're on the phone, I hope you can get Nathan to say "fow ounchinchin" because I'd love to hear it.

So, hoosiers put spaghetti in their chili, do they? Interesting. Kind of like Australians putting ramen noodles in their omelets. (At least, I think it's Australians who do that.)

Adrien said...

Now take a REAL picture of you in your yellow shirt! It looks good with your skin tone, I knew it. Cute babies.

Janeite42 said...

I like how you say "hanging out" and he's got a hanger.

Ms. Kneisly said...

The shoulder of your yellow shirt is very nice.