Wednesday, November 3, 2010

a visit with Santa

Just a few minutes ago I heard some loud rustling on the stairs. It was Nathan's tunnel that goes with a tent he recieved as a gift from Grandma and Grandpa Swinford. Then I heard the voices...
Nathan: No, no, no! Go through the hole and tell me what you want. (pause) Because I'm Santa.
(more rustling noises)
Nathan: What do you want?
Rylie: Ummm... that one.
Nathan: I don't have that one. You can have a whale, a shark, a dragon...
Rylie: Ummm... that one.
Nathan: No. Would you like a pirate? A whale? A painting on the wall?
(silence)
Nathan: Okay. Now go back through the tunnel.

p.s. I still think he's handsome even with food all over his face (as well as in his ear, apparently). I'm such a mom.

p.s.s. I'm aware that Nathan can be very bossy. Rylie bosses him, too, though. We've tried explaining that there are only two parents in this household, but they don't always remember.

6 comments:

Marlyse said...

Hey! Even if they're bossy, they're still CUTE! :)

Shannon said...

a. at first I was like "noooo...it's too early for visits to santa!"
b. rylie looks pretty in the first picture. I didn't know that was really possible for a 2-year-old. she's going to be a bombshell when she grows up.
c. nathan looks like a gangster. haha :)

Shannon said...

oh, and:
d. your kids are funny. especially since I read these things they do with a more adult voice, so the things they say seem extra ridiculous to me.

Jared and Megan said...

Marlyse and Shannon - thank you!

Shannon - Yeah I wondered if some people would see the title and think "oh brother" or something.

katie said...

i think just about every child goes through a bossy stage. heck, benjamin is STILL there.

LP said...

a. Think back to your own childhood.

b. Realize that they will never stop bossing each other.

c. Never.