Friday, October 28, 2011

Since I'm working/procrastinating on a bunch of other posts...

I won something cool and mysterious from my cousin. You can also partake in the chain-letterish glory, if you so choose.

Here are the tagging instructions: The first 3 people to respond (more details at bottom) to this post will get something made by me! My choice. For you. This offer does have some restrictions and limitations:

1. I make no guarantees that you will like what I make. But I'm fragile, so let's keep the hate to a minimum, mmkay?

2. What I create will be just for you.

3. It'll probably take a while because: a. I'm lazy; b. I have offspring; and c. I'm neurotic and full of crippling self-doubt.

4. You have no clue what it's going to be. It may be a short story, possibly with crappy illustrations. It may be poetry (you better hope it's not poetry). I may draw or paint or sew something or just glue two pieces of cardboard together. I may bake you something and mail it to you. Except probably not.

5. I reserve the right to do something unusual. Which is not at all unusual.

The catch is that you must re-post this on your blog (if you have one) and offer the same to the first 3 people who do the same on your blog. Or if you win and don't have a blog, just make something for three random people (but then you have to tell me about it and take pictures for evidence).

So! The first 3 people to leave a comment telling me their childhood fears (in the spirit of Halloween, obvs.) (or just something funny if you were a fearless wunderkind) will win something mildly interesting or entertaining made by me. Go forth and comment.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I was, and still am, deathly afraid of tidal waves. Don't know why. Whenever I go to the beach, I look for an escape route.
And you don't have to make me anything if you don't want, but I would like it if you can :)

katie said...

Wow, Shannon... does that mean you're going to do it twice? I don't know what my big fear was/is, but I guess that's ok since I don't need to enter the competition. I find you highly entertaining though, Megan. Just so you know.
My word verification is "spotzi". I like it. It makes me feel like I can pretend to know Italian or something.