Sunday, April 20, 2008

yay!!

This is going to be a fairly short update (for me), but I did want to mention a few things that are going on.

I got a calling to be on the compassionate service committee, which I'm pretty excited about (and I feel like I've already written about that... oh well). And Nathan has finally learned the word "no". Which is both good and bad. Actually, he says "doh". Not "no". Which makes it funnier... plus he only uses it (so far) when we're playing with him, which is nice. =) He just said it this morning when he had my keys. I held out my hands to form a gate and said, "unlock the gate!" when he ran off in the other direction with a firm, "doh!". It made me laugh. He said it a couple of times again when Jared tried to grab him and tickle him. Such a funny kid.

My mom has been here the past few days and that's been fun. She's really enjoyed seeing Nathan (as well as seeing other people, of course) and he hasn't been too shy with her, which was cool. She took a video of him saying what a chick says on her cell phone and if I ever figure it out, I'll put it up here. As long as it's not too big or anything.

...Because... we're finally getting the internet! Huzzah! Somebody's going to come out on Wednesday and hook it up. We're pretty excited. And you should be, too, because we'll finally be able to put up pictures and this blog will *appear* to be so much more interesting!!

Another bit of news: I think the whole 'nesting instinct' has kicked in for me, although I haven't done any painting or anything yet. Just lots of planning, plotting, measuring, and making of lists. As anyone who knows me well can attest, I love making lists. Anyway.

Funnily enough, Jared and I aren't really as gung ho about a bunch of girls' names like we used to be. We had a long list of girls' names when we were pregnant with Nathan (before we found out he was a boy), but now we have only have a few. Jared has one that he likes a little more than I do, I have one I like a little more than he does, and there's one that we both agree that we like pretty well, but neither of us is completely loving it. And we have a middle name that we both kind of like, too. And yes, I'm going to be one of those bratty pregnant women who won't tell you the names she and her husband are considering... not because I think anyone's going to steal any of them - but, honestly, I don't want anyone telling us which one they like better and why. lol... I'm almost never like that. Usually I'm all, "I want to hear what you think!" even when I don't care that much. Oh well, life's funny that way, I guess. You'll all find out what we name her eventually.

7 comments:

Shannon said...

if i tell you i hate it and not why, then will you tell me what you're considering?
tisn't fair!

Jared and Megan said...

haha nice try, shannon. sorry, no dice. I might tell you if you promise to say nothing more than "oh, I see" or something similarly unopinionated. =)

Shannon said...

i can do that :D

Janeite42 said...

I can do that too!

Saving for Disney said...

I can do that, too! And as far as the video your mom has of Nathan and his chick sound, if she send the video to an e-mail address, it should work. I've done that before. If you don't know how to do it, basically when you go to send the text, instead of putting a phone number in the receiving line, you put an e-mail address. If that still doesn't make sense, let me know.

Saving for Disney said...

P.S. I don't know why it's calling me twixy, but this is Kelly, just so you know.

Jared and Megan said...

kelly: it's funny, but I realized it was you before you explained that it was. But that's so weird its calling you twixy! Is that not part of your email address or something? Also, my mom had trouble sending the video in a text before but maybe if its to an email it would work... thanks for the tip!