Saturday, March 21, 2009

St. Patrick's Eve

Every year for St. Patrick's Day my family's and my (especially my) dorkiness multiplies by about 200%. We make the whole corned beef and cabbage thing and listen to The Chieftains and use accents better left unused and dance around the kitchen. Last year I decided we should have trifle for dessert every time since we have more English ancestry than Irish. This year we also played charades with a bunch of scenarios Shannon and I came up with, but unfortunately we didn't get any pictures of that. Oh, and the reason the title is St. Patrick's Eve is because there were a few scheduling conflicts this year so we got together on Monday instead of Tuesday. Anyway, here are the pictures and a video of me dancing. Adrien and Shannon have videos of us dancing with sound, so you'll have to pester them if you really want to see that spectacle.

I made the corned beef in two crock pots (instead of the traditional boiling on the stove for a few hours) this year. I think Jared may have actually liked it this time!Shannon came over earlier in the day to help me bake the sponge cake and put together the trifle. Yum.Ericward?Nathan (watching Elmo) and Rylie wore the traditional green, and Jared wore the even more traditional blue.More:And of course, me, with no sense of rhythm or of anything, really. Oh, and sorry the video is sideways.

1 comment:

LP said...

Wish I could've been there!