Thursday, January 28, 2010

Romeo and Juliet

Which do you like better? I can't decide... the cover's pretty similar, but there are enough differences between Mark Knopfler's and Brandon Flowers's voices that I like both songs as separate things.



It looks like Lisa Mitchell did a cover as well. I kind of love that this one is just her sitting on a couch in her pajamas (?) and she has a scrunchy on her arm, but if you just watch, you can see she gets into the music, with all her shifting and how her toes keep moving. =)

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Wow, I can't believe I've never heard this song before. I think Dire Straits' version is really good, plus it's got the "older" feel, which you know I love, but I like the Killers version too since I like Brandon Flowers' voice, but I think I'm going to have to say I like Lisa Mitchell's version best, mostly because it's acoustic (and I'm also a sucker for that) and her voice is so soothing. I love the line "you exploded in my heart," because I feel like maybe I've felt that before :)

Jared and Megan said...

Yeah I like them all, I can't decide on a favorite!

It's a great song.

LP said...

I don't know if it's because the Dire Straits original is the one I know from back in the day, but that's my favorite one.