Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Killing time...

This is me at almost 37 weeks (a few days ago). Pretty big, eh?So I've had false labor off and on since Saturday. It's super neat and makes me feel all special inside. It's a pretty morning outside, though.
Aaaanyway. So to distract myself I've been doing all sorts of preparing and cleaning. I mean, scrubbing my shower with bleach at 2 in the morning? So not me. But apparently, right now it is.
I've had the hospital bag packed for over a month, but a couple nights ago I also packed a diaper bag (although no actual diapers in it yet) and a tub of stuff to keep by the side of my bed so I won't have to get up when I need stuff for the baby in the early morning hours or what-have-you. Also pictured is the bassinet, piles and piles of clothes, blankets, waterproof pads, burp cloths, etc. AND the nifty changing pad tray I asked Jared to make. It's going on top of a dresser in a few months when the baby moves to her room (or possibly sooner, depending on how noisy of a sleeper she is). I want to stain or paint it first, though. Not pictured is the ziploc bag for bathtime, with a couple towels, washcloths, soap and lotion stuff and extra clothes in it. I should be an honorary boy scout or something.
Here's a close-up of the supplies tub, since I know you were dying of curiosity. It's got newborn diapers (unopened package, in case she comes out huge and we have to exchange them for bigger diapers), one or two extras (of things like pj's, hats, socks, blankets, waterproof pads and burp cloths), wipes, nursing pads, changing pad, water bottle, chapstick and hand sanitizer. I'm planning on adding my lansinoh, hand lotion and a granola bar or two later. The kind of granola bar that doesn't crumble into a baby's face, cause I'm aware that that could happen.
Also you get to see my wonky faux boppy and the cover I made for it a few days ago or so. In the upper left corner is a rip that I need to repair. (Sorry blogger keeps turning the picture clockwise for some reason)

These contractions are making me say intelligent things like, "ow, ow, holy ow." I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon but I have a feeling he's going to say something like, "hang in there!" instead of, "oh my, this baby's about to pop out! hurry to the hospital!" which makes me sad. Somebody should get me a chocolate soda to comfort me.


oh p.s., I never posted a picture of the (almost) finished curtain I put in Nathan's and Rylie's room. Nathan took a picture of it from the bottom bunk so you can kinda see it.

3 comments:

LP said...

I will get you (or make you) a chocolate soda when I come.

Kristin said...

Lucky for you. . . you didn't even make it to that appointment! I've been excited for you all day. I'm glad you and Maya are doing well and I can't wait to meet her! Your kids were great all day. I think I wore them out. Or maybe I'm the one who's worn out. . . it's something like that.

Shannon said...

I love that you don't care that the only picture of the curtains is one through wooden slats. Hahaha it made my day (days ago...when I first read this...)