Friday, December 10, 2010

Rylie's lunch

When Rylie has a sandwich, she likes to either separate the components or tear it up and play with the pieces. Then the pieces play together, drink milk from her cup or even have conversations like, "Where's my head?" to which the reply might be, "I ate it all."

At least she eats (most of) her sandwiches, gradual as the process may be. Nathan causes me some anguish when he says he'd rather starve (dramatic much?) than eat a sandwich. He always wants something freshly cooked and that is not something I am always willing or able to provide.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

maybe it's genetic. I seem to recall refusing to eat any sandwich that wasn't sweet (like peanut butter and honey, or those "chocolate butter" things we used to make...oh yum).
I'm sorry sandwiches cause you all manner of trials and tribs.

LP said...

Oh, this all sounds so familiar. I think it's time for him to start making his own lunch.

katie said...

next time he says he'd rather starve, just say, "so be it. since starvation is your choice, you may not complain."
or you could take the "starving children in africa" route, but that argument never made much sense to me.