Saturday, December 4, 2010

Random things

It's been forever, again. I have no excuse you haven't heard before. Anyway, the theme of today's post is that my kids are weird. They amuse me.


Rylie today:
(singing): "It's a secret, I'm a secret, there's a secret..."

and a conversation:
(scene: Our bedroom. Jared sits in the rocking chair. Nathan thrashes around on our bed. I'm sitting at the computer and Rylie walks up to Jared.)
Rylie: No! It's my rocking chair!
Me: (I never play along, I'm the boring parent) We bought that chair before Nathan was born and you think you can just come along and say it's yours? (Obviously everyone ignores me)
Jared: It's not yours.
Rylie: It's mine! Get out.
Jared: No. I'll get you.
Rylie: Nooooooo (runs off, then returns 30 seconds later with her tin of barrettes) Here. (pause) Those my swords.
Jared: Swords? These aren't swords.
Rylie: My swords! Have them.
Jared: These are barrettes. (Then he takes them away so she can't scatter them everywhere, she protests and then forgets about the whole thing less than 10 seconds later).

And this is something Nathan did the other day:

4 comments:

LP said...

This makes me laugh. A lot.

Shannon said...

me too. I don't know that I would trade swords for a chair though. I think I would rather have all the swords.

katie said...

wow...i remember when you'd actually change nathan on that table.

oh....i really like your family. i wish we lived closer.

Jared and Megan said...

oh Katie I wish you guys did too! I really want to meet Caleb.