Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I just realized Nathan has a lot of striped shirts...

Nathan and I like to dance to To My Boy. Nathan is a better dancer than I am. This shouldn't come as a surprise... =)

So a little over a week ago we went to a barbecue at Adrien and Eric's. You can see some (better) pictures on their blog. It was pretty fun and I love their blanket from Mexico. I should have gotten a blanket like that instead of the dress I bought and have never worn...Last week we took Aubrie (Jared's sister) to the MTC. That was so surreal - I can't believe we won't see her for a year and a half!Also last week we got Nathan a toddler bed. He's taken to it pretty well, I think. He looks kind of displeased here because he had just woken up and I hadn't changed his diaper yet.Anyway, because he's got this newfound freedom, sometimes he sleeps somewhere else in the bedroom. Just for kicks.Last week (everything happened last week!) after we dropped off Aubrie, I went and picked up my friends Sara and Kathleen from Salt Lake. They stayed with us for a few days and just kind of hung out. We went to a couple of bookstores and ate out a couple of times, but mostly we just stayed at home relaxing and catching up. We even looked at my year book from our senior year... that was kind of weird. Anyway, I don't have any new pictures of them so here's one from when Nathan and I went to California for Adrien's and Eric's open house a year and a half ago (Sara's on the right, Kathleen's on the left)... they never have to know I put it here. Hehe. They're just a little camera shy, like I am.
Anyway, on Sunday Jared gave a talk which I didn't get to hear very much of since Nathan was busy doing rude and obnoxious things to innocent bystanders (like throwing books at a kind stranger, eating the ends of said kind stranger's pretzels before putting them back in the bag...) and I was busy trying to stop him.

And yesterday Jared, Nathan and I went to buy paint for Nathan's and our bedrooms. Nothing for the baby's room yet... I still have to figure out what's going on with her bedding or if I'm going to make stuff with fabric I have yet to find... It's a complicated process. =P I probably make it more so than it needs to be.

Today Nathan and I went to the OB/GYN and learned about more things to look for (For instance, apparently a UTI can cause contractions. I didn't know that!) but so far everything still appears fine. We've made it to 31 1/2 weeks at least!

4 comments:

Janeite42 said...

I love the pictures! I'm glad to see Nathan's hair is looking more normal now. The bed is smaller than I thought from your description. It looks like the perfect size. I don't know what it is with kids getting out of bed and sleeping on the floor. You guys never really did that, unless you fell out of bed and didn't wake up.

Adrien said...

yay 31 1/2 weeks! make it to 40. that's not a request. lol. the thing i like most about this "to my boy" band (besides his funny voice and that the music is kinda catchy) is that they have pandas in the background of their myspace page. i love it. i'm glad you finally posted!

Marlyse said...

Hey it's fun to know what you're up to! What colors of paint did you buy? That's fun. As I'm writing this I'm listening To My Boy. I could see why Nathan would want to dance to it. :)

Oh, and those pictures were taken with our lap top. There's a "Photo Booth" on our mac and you can take pictures with certain kinds of affects. Or is it Effects? I Knever no.

Shannon said...

Yay I'm so excited to come up next week! We're going to have so much fun :) It looks like you already are, but now I will get to participate.
I, too, am listening to To My Boy as I write! It IS catchy. I think everyone should all dance to it. That would make the world a better place.
Anyway, can't wait to see you! Nathan's bed looks really cool!
Yay!