Saturday, June 14, 2008

The rest of our week...

So I thought I'd write about how the rest of our week went. There is one thing, however, that Jared wants to tell you about in more detail; and since he's more qualified to do that, anyway, I'll let him tell you about that.

Right after I wrote the last blog, I realized that my Braxton-Hicks contractions weren't so Braxton-Hicksy. They were kind of hurting (but not badly) and coming really close together. I started timing them (they were coming at 4 to 7 minutes apart) and decided that if they were still coming this close together after an hour, that we'd call the doctor. Fortunately, after nearly an hour, they started slowing down again to 15 minutes apart, and then 20 minutes, and then back down to normal. Oh, and they stopped hurting, too. They came back painfully a couple of times around midnight or one in the morning, but then there was nothing else after that. Anyway, so it was a false alarm, fortunately. I just thought it was kind of ironic that I wrote "so far so good" in the blog and then had that happen. Not that I'm superstitious. Still, it freaked me out just enough to make me pack a bag for the hospital and a bag for Nathan for when he goes to someone's house in the middle of the night. We have three people who have offered to watch him at any time, so that's really nice.

Anyway, on to better things. I think Nathan is one of the few toddlers that starts his sandwich with the crust. Or is it just a myth that kids hate the crust?Nathan and I went to the park on Wednesday for playgroup and for almost half an hour, we were the only ones there. It was a little cloudy and windy which made it pretty cool, so I guess I don't blame anybody, but it was fine as long as you kept moving. Anyway, after a while our neighbors showed up. They live on our street and their son is a couple months older than Nathan so it's kind of fun having them play together. They sort of egg each other on. For example, Nathan only wanted to climb on this high equipment after the other kid did, and then the neighbor kid wanted to go down the slide on his stomach after he saw Nathan do it. It was pretty funny. I guess peer pressure is usually pretty funny when it doesn't involve illicit substances... Anyway, I don't have any pictures of that because I only took a few on my phone and I haven't gotten around to reading my manual or even seeing if I have an adapter cable thing for the computer.

Thursday evening Jared played in a softball game for charity and Nathan and I went to watch. He had a lot of fun and I think he played really well. That's what his blog is going to be about. =) Unfortunately I forgot to bring the camera to that game. I'll be kicking myself for that one for a while... I took a few pictures on my phone but I'm not sure if they're worth saving because I can't zoom in with my camera phone. I don't know why. The option is there on the screen, but with a red line through it. It's as though my phone is saying, "This is what you could have had if you weren't such a cheapskate!".

Friday morning I went into Nathan's room and I couldn't find him! So I looked behind the rocking chair, then under the bed... and there he was. Pretty far under there, too.Oh, and here are a few pictures from when I gave him a bath yesterday. He's so funny when he's cold. I mean, it's sad. But funny. He says "brrr" except with less of an "rr" sound. He loves the water, though. If the water stayed warm and I let him, he'd probably wouldn't come out for hours. Nathan has that Alexander-and-the-terrible-horrible-no-good-very-bad-day (did I get that right?) look on his face because I think the flash caught him by surprise... or maybe he just didn't want me to take pictures of him in the bathtub, I dunno.All I had to do for this next one was say, "Boo!". Today Nathan, Adrien and I went to Ikea on a semi-fruitless search for things for Nathan and the baby girl (we have really got to pick a name already...). All I ended up getting was a rug for their bathroom (it's supposed to match this faux-vintage alphabet poster I have). And I'm not even sure I'll keep it... Anyway, if anyone knows of a place with cheap but cute fabric (to make a straight [as in, not gathered or flouncy] crib skirt) online or baby bedding (cheap! and I mean cheap... but cute... oh why am I so picky when I can't afford to be??) just let me know.

Anyway, after that we dropped Adrien off and went home for a few minutes before leaving again. This time Jared came with us and we went to the town fair that's going on this week. We mostly just wandered around at first, looking at all the over-priced food and the rides. Then after a while we got ourselves some dinner and some tickets for the merry-go-round. Jared and I both took turns taking Nathan on the merry-go-round while the other took pictures (sorry that the best one I took of them has Nathan blinking).After the merry-go-round we decided to go home because Nathan was looking pretty tired (and there wasn't really anything else to do without spending more money). Now he's in bed and Jared's making his awesome and yummy chicken salad to have in the fridge for later. And tomorrow's Father's Day. Happy Father's Day, everyone!

6 comments:

Janeite42 said...

What a zany kid! And Nathan is pretty zany, too. If you just make sure he can't get out of the bedroom, he's bound to be in there somewhere in the morning. Maybe the reason he eats the crust first is because he doesn't like it and wants to get it out of the way (sort of like eating the spinach first to get the disgusting mass off your plate so you can enjoy the rest of the meal). Anyway, great pictures. Keep up the good work and stop trying to have your baby.

Shannon said...

Oh dearie. Your life is full of fun! i'm glad everything turned out well with not having the baby and finding nathan, even under the bed. your child is strange, which is not that strange.

Shannon said...

OK i figured it out. nathan is a cat. he sleeps in strange places.
makes perfect sense.

Marlyse said...

Did it scare you to have contractions again? I think that's my biggest fear. Or dread. I don't know how to word it but I really don't look forward to having them again.

Reading about Jared's baseball game was fun. He did awesome.

Your day at the fair sounded tons of fun too!

Anonymous said...

so, it could be that you can't zoom on your phone because you've got the resolution set too high. that happens on my phone, too. go to the options or whatever and try and change the resolution. see if that does anything. it seems kinda silly to me, though. why would you want to lower the resolution and then zoom, which kinda lowers the resolution in and of itself? oh well.

Shannon said...

another reason nathan might be a cat-- when he's wet he looks three times smaller!