Tuesday, February 28, 2012

#9: Front Door.

Yeah I ended up counting 7 and 8 together. I'm really behind, okay?
So I've got three, because apparently three blurry photos make one clear one. Somehow. Actually I'm glad they're blurry so it's seems less like I'm flashing everyone. And yeah, these are just me doing yoga poses in front of the front door because I'm kind of a show off.
I did this routine last night (minus the chanting and with modifications, obviously... my arms are really weak right now) so my muscles are kind of in shock today. I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop, because for some reason I'm not sore yet. Although I find I don't get as sore when I'm doing yoga as opposed to other workouts. I think it's because I'm stretching so much at the same time that I'm flexing, but I don't really know. It's just a theory. Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised by how flexible I still am, even though it's certainly less than I was before I had Maya. I'm definitely a lot weaker though, because I used to be able to push up into a back bend like the guy does in the video, and I can't right now.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

jay-lous. I need to do yoga. I think it would help with my stiff joints and bad back and the feeling that I never exercise, ever (which is because I don't).
Also, you look like a cartoon banana peel in the first one. Hahaha! I'm still going to try that pose when I go home though.

Kristin said...

Wow! You look like a pro!

Jared and Megan said...

Gracias!

Yeah Shannon that one's funny, isn't it? Let me know how it works for you. I was curious to see what I looked like cause I've never actually *seen* myself do yoga, you know?

LP said...

When I saw that first picture I thought, "What have they done with its head?!" Now that I know it's you, and you're still intact, I'm impressed at your flexibility but still a little creeped out by the photo.

Jared and Megan said...

haha Mom. Yeah I'm not like that girl with a ribbon around her neck... do you remember that story?

Shannon! You should do yoga with me sometime!!