Friday, February 17, 2012

Ugh.

Yeah, well, I was going to blog last night and then I decided to read instead. And then sleep. Because I get up at about 4 for about an hour every morning. Sometimes it's more than that, but usually it's just the one time.

Hokay, so! Here are the pictures.

10 am of the 16th: I was in the middle of teaching preschool (the topic was superheroes, something I actually know a little about... yay!) so I didn't think to take a picture. I took a picture afterward of Rylie and a stack of books I read to the kids. I didn't have any super heroine books, but I did have a couple of fairy tale books where the main character (a girl, although I may have told the kids that they were princesses to grab their attention... which sort of ends up being true... but anyway) is a compassionate, selfless individual and actively saving someone, so I read those. I also told the kids about a princess who was also a superhero, Wonder Woman, and they were amazed for about one minute. I showed them my mug, but that's all I had. These kids need visuals in a major way, so that didn't last very long.Something new: these are the pictures we had taken back in... November?? I think. I picked up the prints on Wednesday. Muy muy.
p.s. I know I'm supposed to have ones for "dinner" and "time" by this evening, but honestly, I've got nothing. Well, I have an old picture of some Thai coconut soup I made last month, but I really just need to come up with something original. And time... time? Time. No se about that one. I will post something tomorrow!

2 comments:

Janeite42 said...

You could show them Netflix episodes of the old Wonder Woman tv show with Lynda Carter! Like most tv programs, they're pretty much aimed at that age level and attention span.

I love your pictures. Where did you buy all the matching frames? (That's something I'm looking into, because almost none of mine match.)

PS One of my words is "fimple". But the "f" really looks like an old-fashioned "s" with the crossbar only on the lefthand side. I really want to type "simple" but I know that if I do it'll tell me it doesn't match. Such a quandary: do I go with what I know to be true or do I ignore the truth and get what I want? At times like this, ignorance just may be bliss.

Shannon said...

HEY! I like the por-traytz. I can't wait to see them for realsies. Also, I'm sorry kids have such short attention spans. Such is life. At least they now know about Wonder Woman!